Wrong Grill?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PapaRed

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 16, 2021
Glendale, AZ
Long time Weber user - WSM, Kettle, and Performer. Decided I needed a pellet grill, but heard so many problems with the Weber SmokeFire, I purchased a RecTeq RT-1250. This is a beast, heavy with a lot of stainless steel and larger cook surface than I probably will ever use.
Now I'm reading so much about the Searwood XL and watching videos, I'm becoming envious of the Searwood and the urge to return home to Weber.
Any Searwood users here would like to relate their experiences?

Reactions: JLeonard
Any Searwood users here would like to relate their experiences?
No , not yet anyway .
I do have the SmokeFire Gen 2 EX4 . Fantastic smoker / grill that doesn't get the respect it deserves .
Got it back in July of 2021 . Coming up on 3 years of constant use , and only one issue that I probably caused . If it ever quits I'll get a Searwood .
Heck if the prices come down on the SmokeFires I'll buy another one .
I like my Webers . Getting ready to fire up 2 of those today .
SmokeFire for ribs , and the performer for boneless thighs .
20210822_113427.jpg
Don't be fooled by reviews from people looking for support for their Youtube channel .
I love my SmokeFire , but not a damn thing wrong with that 1250 . I bet you really enjoy once you get to using it .
Keep use posted .

That's quite a collection you have there, ChopSaw! I mentioned taking a ride to an Ace hardware to look at a Searwood, but am waiting for the boss (AKA SWMBO) to climb down from the ceiling. :emoji_wink:

• Haha
Reactions: chopsaw and 02ebz06
My daughter has the RT1250 and I have a PB1150PS2. If I ever have controller issues? I'll be using her serial# to replace mine! LoL

Jeff , you can't leave that one behind . Like a lost dog . They know where to go .
I've still to fire up this Mastertouch , but the option is always there .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky